She shared a few of the original details of the story, some of which I remember (and have already worked into the story or plan to) and other that I had completed forgotten.
- Yes, Ollie was an orange tiger-striped tomcat.
- Mr. Brown and his family found Ollie when he was just a kitten, skinny and sick, and adopted him.
- Mr. Brown took him to work on the trolley with him daily. Ollie rode up and down the trolley line.
- The daughter was named Jane, about 9 years old. She had a younger brother, name forgotten, about 7 years old.
- There was a butcher at one trolley stop who became friends with Ollie (I remembered that!).
- In one story, the children get lost in the city and Ollie finds and rescues them.